- The Census is currently available to complete online, by phone, or mail.
- You can start the Census online today, even without a mailed invitation.
- Households that don't respond initially online will eventually receive a paper questionnaire through the mail.
- In-person follow up (for those who haven't responded) is currently scheduled to begin this summer.
- Census staff are working hard to adjust for COVID-19 impacts, including delaying or extending activities, and conducting in-person interviews outside of homes, 6 feet apart.
- More FAQs can be found here.
Why Take the Census?
The census is a count of every person in the U.S. that happens every 10 years. By taking the Census, you'll help your community receive the funding and services it deserves. Information collected through the Census also gives community leaders vital information to make data-driven decisions about municipal projects, opening new businesses, and planning for the future.
The Census is Safe
Your responses to the 2020 Census are safe, secure, and protected by federal law. The Census will not ask for citizenship status. Click here for more information about protection of your personal information.
How Do Vermonters Benefit from the Census?
The Counting for Dollars 2020 Project found that in FY2016, Vermont received $2,482,076,315 through 55 federal programs guided by data derived from the 2010 Census.
While currently closed due to COVID-19, the Mad River Valley Libraries are a great resource for questions about the Census!
- Warren: Marie Schmukal, Library Director
- P: 802-496-3913
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waitsfield: Jason Butler, Library Director
- P: (802) 496-4205
- E: email@example.com
- Moretown: Cory Stephenson, Library Director
- P: (802) 496-9728
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Census Job Opportunities
The Census has job openings both nationally and within Vermont, including opportunities with flexible hours and remote work!
Visit the website to the right, or call 855-JOB-2020. You can also reach out with questions to your local recruiter, email@example.com.