Location: Village Meeting House (4355 Main St, Waitsfield)
Keynote: Ted Brady, Executive Director, VT League of Cities & Towns
Facilitator: Paul Costello
- MRVPD Member Organizations
- All Selectboard members and Planning Commissioners from Warren, Waitsfield, & Fayston
- Representatives from Sugarbush Resort
- Representatives from the MRV Chamber of Commerce
- Representatives from the Central VT Regional Planning Commission.
- The meeting is open to the public and includes opportunities for public comment.
- In 1983 the towns of Fayston, Waitsfield, & Warren, Sugarbush Resort, the Central VT Regional Planning Commission, and the State of Vermont signed an MOU to ensure coordination and collaboration for the purpose of monitoring major development in the Mad River Valley. This relationship was formalized two years later with the creation of the Mad River Valley Planning District (MRVPD) as a Union Municipal District, the purpose of which “is to carry out a program of planning for the future of the Mad River Valley.”
- Since that time, MRVPD has navigated the issues and challenges of the Mad River Valley, providing leadership, technical support, and ideas on how the three towns, Fayston, Waitsfield, and Warren, can best respond and rise to the challenges it faces.
- As MRVPD approaches the completion of its fourth decade of service, its Steering Committee recognizes the needs, priorities, successes, and challenges of the MRV community have changed and evolved since its creation. As such, it is hosting this event with organization partners in order to review MRVPD’s purpose and work, assess its relationship with its members, and identify elements that will ensure organizational relevance and community success in the years to come. This is an opportunity to take stock of where both MRVPD and the MRV have been, where it is, and ensure the best process in charting a path forward.
While this will be an in-person meeting, it will be Live Streamed by Mad River Valley Television, available at https://mrvtv.com/live-broadcasts/live-stream/.
Questions & comments during the Live Stream may be submitted via email to ca[email protected], who will bring all correspondence forward.
Thanks to Mad River Valley Television, an on-demand recording of the meeting is available at https://archive.org/details/MRVPD_PM3_1-12-23. A recording was also available on MRVTV Channel 45.
Minutes have been collected and are available at https://mrvpd.org/agendas-minutes.