The Mad River Valley Town Leadership Meeting convened on November 21st at the Waitsfield Elementary Gymnasium. The annual event has been hosted by MRVPD for the past 15 years, and brings together residents, town officials, and Valley-wide organizations to support productive communication.
After enjoying pizza and salad provided by American Flatbread, Bob Ackland, member of the Warren Selectboard and Chair of MRVPD, kicked off the meeting by discussing the importance of the whole MRV ecosystem. While the MRV is made up of individual towns, we are all connected by our environment, geography, employment, schools, history – and so much more!
Presentations covered updates to:
- GMT transit services, including improved winter bus routes;
- Ridge to River programming, which provides “storm smart” plans for municipalities, homeowners, and shared private drives;
- Sugarbush Resort ownership transition to Alterra Mountain Company;
- The annual MRV Data Report, including the most recent data on issues from the environment to employment;
- Mad River Valley Recreation District, which has been expanding in scope and service; and,
- Mad River Valley Planning District, which continues to support Valley-wide planning initiatives on multiple fronts including housing, transportation, and recreation.
Thank you to all that attended!
PDF versions of these presentations can be found here. Minutes for the MRV Leadership Meeting can be found here.