The MRV Bus is gearing back up for winter, with the first run on December 20th. The MRV Bus (formerly the “Mad Bus”) runs annually from December to March/April and provides five routes around the Mad River Valley. The bus is free, with the exception of the Valley Evening Service.
Check out the Bus Map & Guide here.
The MRV Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) – including representatives from MRVPD, Green Mountain Transit, Sugarbush Resort, and community members – worked this year to improve the bus service for both visitors and residents. While the bus primarily services Sugarbush Resort, it also provides the “Valley Floor” route, which runs daily from Lincoln Peak to the MRV Health Center at Old County Road. In an effort to better serve MRV residents using the bus for daily activities and errands, MRV TAC adjusted the Valley Floor route for the 2019-20 season resulting in two major benefits:
- This route will now pass through the Mad River Green Shops and Shaw’s, allowing for easier access to the bus and local businesses; and,
- The new end point provides a direct and quick connection between the MRV Senior Center and the MRV Health Center.
Other helpful hints:
– If you make a reservation 24 hours in advance, all routes will deviate up to ¾ of a mile. Call 802-223-7287. *Weekend deviations must be scheduled by 4PM Friday.
– Buses will stop, as safe driving conditions allow, for passengers at non-marked bus stops.
– To pay for the Valley Evening Service route, download the Token Transit app or pay in cash on the bus. The fare is $3 one-way/$5 unlimited evening/$35 season pass.
– Download the Transit app to get real-time bus locations.
Bring your voice to the table and join MRV TAC to discuss buses and other transportation-related issues in the Valley! MRV TAC meets 3:30pm on the first Wednesday of the month at the General Wait House in Waitsfield.
We’ll see you on the bus!