Due to a staffing shortage, GMT will begin operating a modified Valley Floor schedule. Until further notice, GMT will not operate the following trips:
- 11:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- 5:00 PM
An updated Bus Map & Guide PDF can be found here.
The seasonal Green Mountain Transit-Mad River Valley (GMT-MRV) bus service begins this Saturday, December 19th and will run through March 28, 2021. Service will be similar to last year with a few tweaks and with COVID19 limitations, including:
- Facial coverings are always required for operators and passengers on all GMT buses.
- Whenever possible, bus operators may ask passengers to board and alight through the rear door of the bus (Mt Ellen route only).
- COVID-19 Social Distancing Bus Capacities
- Big Bus: 16 passengers
- Small Buses: 9 passengers
- No boarding of buses if you have COVID19 symptoms or been in close contact with any person who is known or suspected to be COVID19 positive within the past 14 days.
- Passengers must have followed the State of Vermont cross state travel requirements before boarding a GMT bus.
- GMT-MRV route schedules can be found under the Mad River Valley tab at https://ridegmt.com/gmt-schedules/
- The Transit App, a real time bus locator and trip planning tool, will be available again this year. Information about the Transit App can be found at https://ridegmt.com/wheres-my-bus/. Along with links to the app in the Apple and Google Play store. (If you plan to ride the bus, you need this app!)
- The Valley Evening Service (Saturday nights, NYE and select Sunday nights) will NOT be operating this winter.
- There will be no bus service on Rt 17 this winter.
- The Valley Floor, Mt Ellen, Mt Condo, and Access Road route schedules are effectively the same as last winter.
The limited bus capacities stated above will impact service this season. Please plan accordingly!
Please see the GMT-MRV Winter COVID19 Operational Plan for additional details.